Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Running like a ... cool breeze

I went for a run today, and I enjoyed it. It has been a very long time since I went running and I was surely feeling it, especially at the end. The run lasted for two miles and took me about seventeen minutes. I would like to cut a full two minutes off that time. It's not a question of "if" i can, its more of a question of motivation. You see, I hate physical training. It is boring for the most part. I have been trying to find ways to make it fun, I really have.

The closest I have come is by using a program called "Cardio Trainer" for Android. I plug in my head phones and start running. It plays music and gives me spoken time and distance while I run. I even have a playlist just for running, though I have to take "Turn Up The Radio" by "Autograph" off of it. The beat just isn't fast enough for the pace I need to be running at.

Honestly I would like to get my two mile down to around 15 minutes or less. For those people who think in terms of marathons, 2 miles is just shy of 5k and is about 1/8th of a full marathon. My best run time ever for two miles was 13 minutes 47 seconds. I puked at the end; wasn't a good look for me.
It is strange, but every time I quit smoking, I go slower on my runs. At least this time I have some time to get ready before the next PT Test. If it wasn't for the PT Test the Army would be the easiest job I have ever had. Anyone can do this, it's easy.

Still I am working on making myself better. Of course all this comes after months of doing nothing besides just lounging around. Its going to hurt for a week or so, but I will get back in to the grove.
My Current "Run Music" Playlist
  1.  Turn Up The Radio - Autograph (Getting Deleted and replaced later)
  2.  Back In Black - AC/DC
  3.  Rag Doll - Aerosmith
  4.  Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
  5.  Takin' Care Of Business - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
  6.  Mobile - Avril Lavine
  7.  No Rain - Blind Melon
I would appreciate any suggestions for a good running music. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment