Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Fixing "Wide Tabs" in Safari 6

    Ever since I upgraded to Safari 6 for OsX, I have been frustrated by the extra large Tabs. They stretch across the entire window and are generally a waist of space. It has the added benefit of making Safari feel even more bloated and cumbersome that it really is. I have recently found a solution that, so far, is working far better than I expected.

    Enter "Glims" from MacHangout. You can think of Glims as the UI Apple should have gone with for Safari. After downloading Glims you will need to fully quit Safari and then reopen it. Once that is complete, from the menu bar select "Safari -=> Preferences ...". Then select Glims on the far right side. These are the two options you need to check:



    As I have already said, these options "should" have been included with Safari without the need for a small utility. Fortunately for the rest of us, there are enough people who feel the same way that a solutions has finally emerged.

    For the first time in long while, Safari feels like Safari again. I couldn't be happier.

    Until next time ... 

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I did the above and yes I now have small tabs but there is only one tab open at a time. I click on View and the Show All Tabs option is greyed out. Can you help please?

    ReplyDelete